The United States has one of the largest economies and consumer markets in the world. With a gross domestic product of over $20 Trillion and a government that encourages free enterprise, the U.S. is a great place for foreign companies to expand their businesses. There are many advantages for international companies to operate in the U.S. In fact, household spending in the U.S. is the highest in the world. It can be somewhat intimidating for an international company to enter the U.S. market because of the different culture, language, currency, laws, regulations, taxes, etc. Notwithstanding these matters, penetrating the U.S. market can be extremely lucrative for companies overseas. Find out more here about US market entry topics covered with consulting services and by consultants.
Things for international companies to consider before entering the U.S. market:
- Is there a demand for your products or service in the U.S.?
- Is now the most ideal time for such an expansion?
- How much will expanding into the U.S. market cost?
- Which U.S. state or region should be considered?
Benefits of entering the U.S. market:
- Intellectual property protection laws
- Abundant in Research & Development talent
- Environment conducive for conducting business
- Stable government with protective laws
- Diverse workforce and talent
- Leader in technology
- Abundant in natural resources
- Strong banking system
- Large retail market
- Ethnic diversity
- Government business incentive programs
- Favorable international trade policies